Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Value of free time

It's weird how a long weekend can throw your schedule off.  We working slouches work for the weekends and when a long one comes we are in heaven.
I didn't get to chance to relax all weekend, but did get some good BBQing in and a great day with the family along the beach.  The rest of the time was home reno work and dragging my feet.  Enjoying the slower pace.

I meant to post yesterday, but i feel a little off because of the weekend or something.  There is still a lot of work to do at the house, we seem to keep running out of things we need, groceries, etc.  Rushing around at lunchtime and not finding what I'm looking for is getting to me.  There never seems to be enough time to get things to done.

This brings me to the value of free time.  Making six figures and working long hours unless being a work-a-holic turns your crank of course... just doesn't cut it in my book if you have to time to do the things you value.  Right now I value time with my family.  One day I will get the bulk of my home reno work done and I will be able to play more with my daughter and hang out with my wife.  The renos are a necessary evil to get the house finished in the way we want to live, just as working for a paycheck is a necessary evil to pay for the renos and mortgage.

I do so look forward to getting rid of the dependance on a job and getting large reno projects finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment