Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Where does the money go? 2011 and 2010

I decided to do some pie charts to show my annual expenditures for 2010 and 2011.

Housing is the basic utility bills and insurance.  Home is furniture and home renos, etc.  

Here is 2010.


Here is 2011.



2011 proved an expensive year.  A move to a new house that needed some work will do that.  You can see the aggressive paying down of the mortgage here as well.

Here is a big chart for the 2004-2011 period to show a bit of history.  We tend to average around the mid $30's for annual expenditure.
I've got to keep that upward trend under control.  Most of the jumps are one time costs.

I have some data going farther back, going back to 2000 and earlier but problems with Money software make getting it all together a chore.  I also changed how I track my expenses a couple of time so categories get confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment